Maheen Usmani writes in Dawn,
- “KARACHI: Hauled off buses, targeted in their clinics, on boulevards, in alleys, in shops, in offices, in processions and pilgrimages, is there any place left safe for Shias in Pakistan? At Ashura, they were chastised for taking out Moharram processions and giving terrorists an open field in which to attack.
- Till yesterday, they might have thought that the inner sanctum of their homes would provide them protection against the growing madness swirling around them. But now the killing fields are their own homes.
- They are hoping for a better tomorrow, but who can blame them for losing hope day by day?
- The founder of Pakistan, Mohammad Ali Jinnah, was a Shia but today he is called a kafir by many venomous Pakistanis.
- Mr Jinnah’s prophetic words “United we Stand, Divided we Fall’’ have never seemed more tragically relevant to the country he founded with such high hopes and aspirations. “
I thank Allah for making me a minority through out my life, so I can feel the anxieties and pain of the fellow beings.
The least we can do is to do the thu-thu (spitting; an act of condemnation in the culture) at the government of Zardari, they have failed to protect the Citizens. The least we can do is to lend support to Shia Muslims, so they can feel a bit secure that the ordinary Sunnis are with them. I hear their cries, the lady in the picture breaks my heart.
Had it not been for the American majority, and the laws of the nations, many Pakistanis would have been harassed. If we want our lives to be not discriminated, we need to stand up for others whose lives are made hell.
A few of the many pieces where Muslims have spoken against crimes towards Shia.
Hunting down Shias: Society’s deafening silence
KARACHI: Hauled off buses, targeted in their clinics, on boulevards, in alleys, in shops, in offices, in processions and pilgrimages, is there any place left safe for Shias in Pakistan? At Ashura, they were chastised for taking out Moharram processions and giving terrorists an open field in which to attack. http://dawn.com/2013/03/04/hunting-down-shias-societys-deafening-silence/
Muslims Condemn Zardari Government for not protecting the Shia ...
“We condemn the harassment and killings of Shia and Ahmadiyya Pakistanis by Sunni Pakistanis. The Jhangvi leaders are saying they will kill more Shias, and are walking around like the beasts on prowl. http://worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/2013/02/muslims-condemn-zardari-government-for.html
World Muslim Congress : Sunni-Shia strife – The Economist
Muslim scholars, 170 in number and representing nine schools of legal thought (including four main Sunni ones and two Shia), gathered in Amman and declared that, whatever their differences, they accepted the others’ … http://worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/2012/07/sunni-shia-strife-economist.html
World Muslim Congress : Shias massacred in Pakistan
If we blame the religion, we have passed the buck to an innocent intangible, we need to get the individual bad guys and get them to pay for it. They are not Talibans, not Sunnis, not Shias not… lets develop a mind set to get the … http://worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/2012/03/shias-massacred-in-pakistan.html
Muslim Intra faith dialogue in Houston
SUNNI, SHIA, AHMADIYYA AND WD MUHAMMAD DENOMINATIONS. Describe the outline of the event at the Asia Society. Who will be involved? What is the schedule? What is the format? What is the expected outcome? http://theghousediary.blogspot.com/2013/02/muslim-intra-faith-dialogue-in-houston.html
Intra-faith panel discusses peaceful Islamic futures
World Muslim Congress : Saudi Cleric -Shia infidels
THE BIGOTS AMONG US Saudi cleric issues religious edict declaring Shiites to be infidels. The article below is inciting and ridiculous. No Muslim will subscribe to this non-sense unless they are paid to do it. Whatever City … http://worldmuslimcongress.blogspot.com/2008/01/saudi-cleric-shia-infidels.html